The HGSC meeting has been selected by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) to offer scholarships for young scientists to attend the event. The FEMS scholarship will allow the programme committee to financially support 20 European and non-European young scientists with 250 EUR each.
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are a member of a FEMS member society or are recommended by such a member.
- You are a young scientist*.
- You are an active microbiologist.
- You give a talk or present a poster at the HGSC conference.
*These are active microbiologists who have obtained their highest academic degree - Bachelor, Master or PhD - less than five years before the application deadline or who are currently studying for a Master or PhD. Periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count towards this definition.
- Write an email with a short statement of why you should receive the Travel Grant (max. half A4 page) to email@example.com.
- Applicants will be selected by the organising committee.
- Successful applicants will fill a form at the meeting and will receive the money after the conference by bank transfer.
As a member of a FEMS society you can:
- be eligible for the grant for this conference
- apply for a number of other FEMS grants
- receive concessions/discounts on the registration fee for FEMS conferences
- Receive a 25% discount on a selection of books from Oxford University Press